Diana Northup's Honors
- Waksman Foundation Microbiology Lecturer, American Society for
Microbiology and the Waksman Foundation, 2003-2005.
- Research featured on the NOVA program, "The Mysterious Life of Caves";
the BBC program, "The Secret Life of Caves"; CNN, the Discovery Channel
program, "Seven Wonders of the West"; NHK (Japanese Broadcasting Company)
programs; several newspaper and magazine articles from 1998--
- Promoted to Full Professor, UNM General Library, 2003.
- Best Mentor Award, 1999, ACE-PURSUE Joint Student Conference.
- Barrier Breaker Award for removing one more obstacle from the
N.P.S. path, May 11, 1996, El Malpais National Monument.
- Accepted into the Microbial Diversity Course at Woods Hole Marine
Biological Laboratory, Summer, 1993, with a $1000 scholarship.
- The Charles A. and Anne
Morrow Lindbergh Foundation awarded a grant to Diana in 1995 for Balancing
Conservation of Unusual Cave Microbial Communities with Exploration
and Research in Lechuguilla Cave, Carlsbad Caverns National Park,
- In 1997 and 2002, Diana was on the Technical Review Panel for the
of the National Speleological Society,
- 1990-1992 UNM Regents Lectureship.
- 1989 Best Research Paper on a Show Cave presented at the 1989 National
Speleological Society Meeting.
- 1987 Ralph Stone Research Award from the National Speleological Society.
- Graduate Fellowship, 1985-86, Department of Biology, UNM.
- Designated a Fellow of the Cave Research Foundation, 1981.
- Beta Phi Mu (Library Science Honorary).
- List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent by Their Students,
Fall, 1976, University of Illinois-UC.
- National Library of Medicine Fellowship to attend Biomedical
Librarianship Program, Graduate School of Library Science,
University of Illinois-UC.
- Sophomore Women's Honorary, West Virginia University.
This web site Copyright 2007, 2011, Kenneth